Following the Society’s AGM on Wednesday 21st September new appointments to the Council of Management have been made and new office bearers selected:
New Appointments to Council:
Following the recent election process, Council is pleased to welcome new appointments as follows:
National representatives for a 3-year term:
- Andrew Clark (Mayfields herd) and William Forrester (Twemlows herd)
Regional representatives for a 3-year term:
- Dyfan James (Cowin herd) representing South Wales and Mid West
- Glyn Vaughan (Dolcorsllwyn herd) representing North West Midlands and North Wales
- No nominations were received to represent Scotland. Council has agreed a representative shall be co-opted for a term of 1-year in accordance with the Society Articles of Association and details of this shall be confirmed in due course.
In by elections, the following appointments are as follows:
- Chris Eddy (Treloweth herd) representing the South West for a 2-year term
- Cahir McAuley (Larkhill herd) representing Northern Ireland for a 2-year term
- William Lawson (Windsole herd) representing Scotland for a 1-year term
In announcing these results, the meeting Chairman, Jonathan Watson, thanked all members who had recently stood down from Council and extended a sincere thank you to all those who had stood as candidates.
Appointment of New Honorary President
A further and important appointment at the AGM was that of Honorary President. Craig Ridley (Haltcliffe herd) has held this position for the last two-year term and all of Council extended its thanks for Craig for the time, commitment and guidance he has offered during that time. For the coming two-year term, a warm welcome was extended to Margaret Penny who accepted Council’s invitation earlier in the summer. Well known to the Society over many years, Margaret and husband John own the Shannas herd near Peterhead in Aberdeenshire.
Office Bearer Appointments
At the Council meeting that followed the AGM, new office bearers were appointed as follows:
- Chairman: Jonathan Watson (Tweeddale herd)
- Vice Chairman: Dyfan James (Cowin herd)
- Honorary Treasurer: Karl Suddes (Cornsay herd)
- Executive Committee: Jonathan Watson (Tweeddale herd), Dyfan James (Cowin herd), Karl Suddes (Cornsay herd), William Forrester (Twemlows herd) and Glyn Vaughan (Dolcorsllwyn herd).
The appointments are for a three-year term, and confirmed annually.
Please refer to our ‘Present Officials’ page for full contact details of all members.